CURRENCY - 9.99 EP to £1 GB. (Dec 2012)
The time in Egypt is 2 hours ahead of UK GMT
The temperature in Egypt (Cairo) in Dec is approx 20C (day), 12C (night).
Egypt climate - see Geo-graph page.
Is Egypt safe? see post
Average flight price is £300 from London to Cairo - 5hours
- Giza, A Timekeeper of the Ages (Video)
- Egyptian Obelisks Abroad
- Heracleion City, Lost and Found
- The Egyptian ‘Labyrinth’ at Hawara
- Updates for Abd’el Hakim Awyan, Sufi Master, Ancient Khemitian Wisdom Keeper: links
- Hypatia – Philosopher’s Daughter
- Pharaohs – Complete List of Dynasties and Time-Line
- The (Electric) Power of Ancient Egypt
- The Library of Alexandria
- Tomb of the Chantress – New
- Fake, and Real, Souvenirs
- What would King Tut’s grandfather say?
- Logo Voting
- Something Tasty!
- Egyptian gods and goddesses
- News 23 Sept ’11: Visa Rules
- Egypt’s Ship-builders and Pharoah(ess) Hatshepsut
- News 11 June ’11: Saqqara’s ‘Step’ Pyramid restoration project gets help…
- Abd’el Hakim Awyan, Mystical Wisdom-Keeper
- News 25 May ’11: Egyptian Pyramids Found by Satellite
- News 23rd May ’11: Seven New Tombs ‘Open for Business’
- Egypt’s ‘x-factor’ in music
- Zahi Hawass, The Egyptologist
- News 06 May ’11: New Egypt, New Signs
- News 26 April ’11: Shocking news about Tutankhamun’s mummy
- Egypt in April (Easter 2011)
- What a difference a day makes – before and after the revolution
- Is Egypt safe for tourists? (7th April 2011)
- From Egypt With Love #JAN25
What are you looking for?
Tag Archives: Egypt
Herodotus (fifth century B.C.) and other Greek and Roman writers described a magnificent labyrinth in Egypt, containing three thousand rooms on two levels. Pliny the Elder (first century A.D.) related that the Egyptian labyrinth was already 3600 years old in … Continue reading
Excavations at an ancient Egyptian shipyard have unearthed remains of the world’s oldest seafaring ships. The 4,000-year-old timbers were found alongside equally ancient cargo boxes, anchors, coils of rope and other naval materials just as old, at what archaeologists are … Continue reading
Dr. ABD’EL HAKIM AWYAN ‘HAKIM’ (for short), was a wisdom-keeper of the Ancient Egyptian Mysteries, and was born and lived in the village beneath the Giza Plateau; he grew up with the great pyramids of Giza as his playground. He … Continue reading
The Minister for Egypt’s Antiquities, Mr Zahi Hawass, has announced the opening of seven new sites (tombs) to the public. This has been seen as a move to boost Egypt’s struggling tourist industry and a positive step to help all … Continue reading